Maintaining Your Vacation Home in the Off-Season
Do you have a plan for your vacation home in the off-season? When vacation season comes to a close, how do you ensure your investment remains safe, secure, and cared for? When you can’t be present to maintain your second home yourself, a local caretaker is often the best stand-in. Now that summer is over, Pepper’s Personal Assistants can care for your Seattle area vacation home while you return to your daily life in your primary home. So why is an absentee caretaker a necessity to protect an empty household?
Your local PA can offer much-needed peace of mind by confirming all your second home’s treasures are in place, doors are locked, windows are shut, and everything is intact. Regardless of how you’re using your vacation home in the off-season, you’ll also want to make sure it stays tidy and secure. Here are just a few of the tasks your personal assistant can do for you:
- General security check-ins (ensuring windows, doors, garage, and any other entrances and exits are secure)
- Checking smoke detectors, carbon monoxide detectors, home security systems, etc.
- Ensure appliances are running smoothly (for instance, making sure freezers have not thawed, replacing burned-out lightbulbs, etc.)
- Schedule, coordinate, and be present for home maintenance (i.e. – repair people, cleaners, landscapers, etc.)
- Picking up any mail, newspapers, deliveries, etc.
- Turning lights and electronics on or off
- Tidying up/minor cleanup tasks (i.e. – sweeping, vacuuming, etc.)
- Stocking your refrigerator and pantry in preparation for your arrival
- Taking out any trash and filling bins with fresh bags
- Water plants
- Run faucets to help prevent unused pipes from freezing
If you plan to host guests in your vacation home, your personal assistant can prep and ensure it is well-stocked, removing additional stress from your already busy schedule (especially when it comes to last-minute visitors). This might include making sure necessary supplies are stockpiled, double checking that amenities are ready for use, setting out personal goods such as fresh towels and toilet paper, and ensuring each room is tidy (including performing minor cleaning and straightening tasks such as turning down bedding, dusting off countertops, and more according to your requests).
Contact us today to learn more of the ways a professional personal assistant can be your second set of helping hands while you’re away from your vacation home or timeshare!