Do you have a plan for maintaining your vacation home in the off-season? When vacation season comes to a close, how do you ensure your investment remains safe, secure, and cared for? When you can’t be present to maintain your second home yourself, a local caretaker is often the best stand-in.
Now that summer is over, Pepper’s Personal Assistants can care for your Seattle area vacation home while you return to your daily life in your primary home. So
Why is an Absentee Caretaker a Necessity?
Your local PA can offer much-needed peace of mind. They can confirm all your second home’s treasures are in place, doors are locked, windows are shut, and everything is intact. Regardless of how you’re using your vacation home in the off-season, you’ll also want to make sure it stays tidy and secure.
General Caretaker Tasks
Here are just a few of the tasks your personal assistant can do for you:
- General security check-ins (ensuring windows, doors, garage, and any other entrances and exits are secure)
- Checking smoke detectors, carbon monoxide detectors, home security systems, etc.
- Ensure appliances are running smoothly (for instance, making sure freezers have not thawed, replacing burned-out lightbulbs, etc.)
- Schedule, coordinate, and be present for home maintenance (i.e. – repair people, cleaners, landscapers, etc.)
- Picking up any mail, newspapers, deliveries, etc.
- Turning lights and electronics on or off
- Tidying up/minor cleanup tasks (i.e. – sweeping, vacuuming, etc.)
- Stocking your refrigerator and pantry in preparation for your arrival
- Taking out any trash and filling bins with fresh bags
- Water plants
- Run faucets to help prevent unused pipes from freezing
Prep Your Vacation Home for Guests
If you plan to host guests in your vacation home, your personal assistant can prep and ensure it is well-stocked. This will remove additional stress from your already busy schedule (especially when it comes to last-minute visitors).
Tasks your personal assistant may take care of for guests include:
- making sure necessary supplies are stockpiled
- double checking that amenities are ready for use
- setting out personal goods such as fresh towels and toilet paper
- ensuring each room is tidy (including performing minor cleaning and straightening tasks such as turning down bedding, dusting off countertops, and more according to your requests).
Contact Pepper’s Personal Assistants Today!
Contact us today to learn more of the ways a professional personal assistant can be your second set of helping hands while you’re away from your vacation home or timeshare!
Featured image via Unsplash
Supermom’s Secret: How Personal Assistants Can Help Parents
Stay On Top of These 5 Kinds of Appointments With a Personal Assistant