The most successful people know that one thing’s for sure—even if you want to, you can’t do everything yourself. This is where outsourcing comes into play. Whether you run your own business, are a single person working from home, a new homeowner, or a parent juggling the needs of your family, outsourcing can truly change your life for the better.
Done right, outsourcing tasks to an outside company or individual can increase productivity, and free up precious time for you to be more engaged in what matters most to you. This type of investment is incredibly valuable, as it allows you to make the most out of the 24 hours in each day.
How Do You Decide If You Need to Outsource?
So how do you decide which tasks are worth outsourcing? Consider things like your skill level, your budget, and your schedule. Here are a few questions you should ask yourself when you’re considering what to outsource.
- Am I putting off this task because I lack the resources or energy? If the answer is yes, you should consider outsourcing..
- Do I have the skillset to do this task efficiently? If you have the ability to do this task yourself, and it will end up taking more time, energy, or money to outsource it, you might want to reconsider.
- Do I view this task with dread rather than excitement? Sometimes there are things that, although not necessarily difficult, are for whatever reason incredibly stressful. If something is contributing to burnout, take a load off and relax through outsourcing.
- Is outsourcing this task a good investment? Think about if the task you’re considering outsourcing is a worthy investment to free up your time.
- Can I better spend my time on a higher level task? You might be great at doing things around the house like meal prep, laundry, and paying your bills—but is it worth your time? Your time saved through outsourcing could be better spent with your family, growing your business, enjoying the outdoors, or focusing on yourself.
[Related: Case Study: How One Mom Got Back Her Time]
What Types of Tasks Do Successful People Outsource?
You can definitely get more out of your 24-hour day by hiring others to take care of certain tasks. And personal outsourcing has never been easier. Personal assistants, virtual companies, and delivery services are ready at the click of a mouse to help give you back some precious time to spend with yourself and your loved ones.
The following categories are just some that successful people everywhere outsource.
Landscaping and Gardening
Do you have a garden or yard? Maybe you’re growing some fruit and vegetables in your garden, or have a large, beautiful lawn but don’t have time to keep up on the maintenance. Outsourcing these tasks to someone with the right tools and equipment can ease your mind.
Bill-paying and Taxes
Consider setting up automatic payments for recurring monthly bills, and hire someone to take care of the more complex financial tasks such as taxes and account organization.
[Related: The Pepper’s Way]
Meal Prepping and Groceries
As of 2016, the average American spends 37 minutes a day preparing, serving, and cleaning up after meals—and we know that number has probably only increased in the last six years. This doesn’t even take into account the time we spend grocery shopping and meal planning. Wouldn’t it be great to get that time back? Look into meal delivery services or hire someone to grocery shop and meal prep healthy, delicious food for you during the week.
Does it feel like your home is never clean longer than a day or two before things start piling up again? If you can afford to hire a housecleaner, you could use that time for some serious self-care. Besides, who doesn’t love a clean house (especially when someone else cleans it)?
Unless you enjoy learning how to fix things, or you’re naturally talented at repair, outsourcing handyman tasks like fixing a leaky faucet or a tricky light fixture can save you a lot of strife.
From at-home grooming and pet food purchasing to vet appointments and long walks, these types of errands can make having a dog or cat feel more like a chore than a companionship. Outsourcing tasks like these is a win-win situation for everyone, including your furry friend!
Hire a Personal Assistant Today!
How about hiring a personal assistant?
Pepper’s Personal Assistants are experienced, skilled, and ready to take care of the things many successful people outsource every day. From bill-paying to grocery-shopping and everything in between, our personal assistants can drastically improve your daily life by giving you back the time you deserve.
Featured image via Unsplash