If you travel often for business or leisure, you’re probably pretty familiar with the feeling of coming back after a long trip, setting down your bags, and finally getting to relax in your own home. You’ll be able to just kick back, enjoy a meal, cuddle with your pet, and then crawl into your own soft bed.
Except that’s probably not what it’s like. The house is cold because the heat’s been off. The fridge is either empty or full of expired food that you forgot to toss before your trip. Your dog or cat is bouncing off the walls with excitement because they’ve been lonesome, and your things are strewn everywhere from your hasty departure. You’d like to rest, but you have to unpack your suitcase, do your laundry, walk the dog, and make dinner.
Enter: Pepper’s Personal Assistants for Absentee Home Services
[Related: Home Services Offered by Pepper’s]
Unless, of course, you’ve hired us. One of our specialties is taking care of homes while the occupants are away and preparing the space for their return. We can do pretty much anything you want to get your house ready for you, but here’s a sampling of services we recommend for absentee home care and arrival preparation:
- Stock the fridge with fresh produce, juice, milk, or other perishables
- Make sure a healthy, homemade meal is crockpot or ready to be heated from the fridge so no one has to cook or grab take-out
- Play with and care for your pet while you’re away so they aren’t anxious
- Put fresh linens on the bed
- Tidy floors and surfaces and ensure you come home to a clean house
- Turn the lights on or open the blinds or windows before your arrival for a little light and air
- Place fresh flowers on the table
- Collect, bring in, and sort your mail
- Meet with gardeners, handymen, rug cleaners, painters, or handle any other appointments related to your home in your absence
- Take the car into be serviced, washed, and ready with a full tank of gas
- Water indoor and outdoor plants
Completely Customizable Help
Our absentee home services are all about making you feel confident that your home is being cared for while you’re away, and that everything will be ready for you upon return. We are happy to tailor our services depending on your trip length, type of home, occupants, etc.
For especially long trips, we can help you with things like paying your utility bills or even arranging to collect your sub-lease payment. If you’re going out of town for an important business deal, we can make sure there’s a bottle of champagne to celebrate if everything goes well, and plenty of comfort food in the fridge if it doesn’t. Just let us know!
Contact Pepper’s Personal Assistants Today!
To learn more about our absentee home services for individuals traveling, contact us! And if you ever need someone to pick you up at the airport, our number is 206-228-5768.
Supermom’s Secret: How Personal Assistants Can Help Parents
Stay On Top of These 5 Kinds of Appointments With a Personal Assistant